Ontario Player Development League (OPDL U13 – U17)
Launched in 2014 with the 2001 age group, the Ontario Player Development League (OPDL) is one of the province’s first standards-based, youth high performance league that combines top level competition with strict high-performance training standards. This innovative exciting youth high performance program is an important component of the overall movement to adopt the core principles of Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) across soccer at large in Ontario and Canada. OPDL encompasses the U13 to U17 age categories, for both males and females.
OPDL represents young players’ early graduation to a genuine high-performance training environment, targeting the top athletes in the province from age groups U13 to U17, constituting the highest level of competitive youth soccer in Ontario. OPDL operates more as a high-performance training program than merely a league.
As a parent of an emerging athlete, the commitment asked of you is in many ways as high as that of the player. In this journey through the Talented Pathway with your child, it is important that you are as committed to the process as your child is.
Here are some of the core commitments you are adhering to when you join an OPDL program:
- A year-round soccer training program
- Bringing your child to and from training at least 3 nights a week
- Competition weekends from May to October
- Significant travel to and from OPDL games
– Commitment to the entire training program for the year (Jan-Dec). Any personalized training, injury prevention or injury management work. Any performance testing and/or evaluations performed by the License Holder.
– Attendance at all training sessions, with exceptions made for sickness or injury. All off-field sport science sessions, including nutrition and lifestyle counselling sessions, gym work and tactical/analysis sessions. All OPDL games, including pre/postseason exhibitions or tournaments.
– Adherence to The License Holder’s overall policies and codes of conduct, as well as the OPDL’s player code of conduct
– Mental Commitment: Focusing on training, not winning. Self-discipline required regarding proper nutrition, sport science, off-field training and lifestyle management. Recovering from defeat, rejection or other developmental setbacks. Balancing school with athletic commitments.
Cost: Communicated by the program Director prior to the start of the season
What does the fee include:
– Club registration
– Field costs
– Coaching costs
– League entry costs
– Referee costs
– End of season banquet
Parents to provide:
– Soccer equipment
– Contributions to team tournaments and team events
Teams and Coaches:
OPDL Director – Jorden Feliciano – Jorden.firstname.lastname@example.org
OPDL Administrator – Helen Azevedo – email@example.com
U13 OPDL – Head Coach – Orlando Rizzo – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach – Francesco Vescio – email@example.com
U14 OPDL – Head Coach – Matt Stinson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach – Siamac Kavinapour – email@example.com
U15 OPDL – Head Coach – Jorden Feliciano – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach – Matt Stinson – email@example.com
U17 OPDL – Head Coach – Derek O’Keeffe – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach – Jorden Feliciano –
U13 OPDL – Head Coach – Tina Cook – email@example.com
Assistant coach – Amir Riazi – firstname.lastname@example.org
U14 OPDL – Head Coach – Tina Cook – email@example.com
Assistant Coach – Carolyn McCaughley – firstname.lastname@example.org
U15 OPDL – Head Coach – Siamac Kavianpour – email@example.com
Assistant Coach – Carolyn McCaughley
U17 OPDL – Head Coach – Amir Riazi – firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Coach – Orlando Rizzo – email@example.com
GK Coach – Paolo Ceccerelli – firstname.lastname@example.org
GK Coach – Domenica Ientile – email@example.com
Strength and Conditioning Coach – Francesco Vescio – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Head Coach of your respective age group for more information
*Please refer to the trial guidelines from Ontario Soccer (external link) https://www.opdl.ca/trials-guideline